1. “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
2. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?”
3. “The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.”
4. “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”
5. “I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects.”
6. “The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people.”
7. “Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.”
8. “It is easy enough to be friendly to one’s friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.”
9. “Now, now my good man, this is no time to be making enemies.”
10. “I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
12. “Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”
13. “A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.”
14. “Never explain―your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.”
15. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
16. If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
17. The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.
18. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near.
19. Observe your enemies, for they first find out your faults.
20. Enemies are so stimulating.
21. Enemies promises were made to be broken.
22. One enemy can do more hurt than ten friends can do good.
23. Our enemies come nearer the truth in the opinions they form of us than we do in our opinion of ourselves.