1. “Gossip is just a tool to distract people who have nothing better to do from feeling jealous of those few of us still remaining with noble hearts.
2. “Gossip is saying behind their back what you would not say to their face. Flattery is saying to their face what you would not say behind their back.
3. “What you don’t see with your eyes, don’t witness with your mouth.
4. “Gossip is when you hear something you like about someone you don’t.
5. “Anyone who will gossip to you will gossip about you.
6. “Not everything you hear is good for talk.
Japanese (on gossip)
7. “Words have no wings but they can fly a thousand miles.
Korean (on gossip)
8. “It is always assumed by the empty-headed, who chatter about themselves for want of something better, that people who do not discuss their affairs openly must have something to hide.
Honor de Balzac, Pere Goriot
9. “Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.
10. “Four horses cannot overtake the tongue.
Chinese (on gossip)
11. “It is easier to dam a river than to stop gossip.
Moro (Filipino) (on gossip)
12. “Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless nights.
Shannon L. Alder
13. “The house of the loud talker, leaks.
African proverb Zulu Tribe
14. “You can’t sew buttons on your neighbor’s mouth.
Russian (on gossip)
15. “What is told in the ear of a man is often heard 100 miles away.
16. “If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
17. “If it’s very painful for you to criticize your friends, you’re safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that’s the time to hold your tongue.
Alice Duer Miller
18. “A cruel story runs on wheels, and every hand oils the wheels as they run.
19. “It is just as cowardly to judge an absent person as it is wicked to strike a defenseless one. Only the ignorant and narrow-minded gossip, for they speak of persons instead of things.
Lawrence G. Lovasik
20. “Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
21. “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Henry Thomas Buckle
22. “Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.
23. “Often those that criticize others reveal what he himself lacks.
Shannon L. Alder
24. “Gossip is sometimes referred to as halitosis of the mind.
25. “He gossips habitually; he lacks the common wisdom to keep still that deadly enemy of man, his own tongue
26. “How much time he gains who does not look to see what his neighbor says or does or thinks, but only at what he does himself, to make it just and holy.
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
27. “It doesn’t matter what you do, or how you do it, your neighbors are gonna talk about you anyway.
Please Share On Facebook/Pinterest After gossiping about me Clicky News Wake Up Your Mind.