Have you ever wondered why some people write with their left hand. Are you a lefty yourself? Here are 15 facts about left-handed people that I’m sure you didn’t know about. The last one surprised me. 1) Left-handed people make up between 5-10% of the population.
2) Men are also more likely to be left-handed
3) They use the right side of the brain the most.
4) They tend to reach puberty 4-5 months later than normal. 5) Of the 7 most recent US presidents, 4 have been left-handed.
6) At various times in history, left-handedness has been seen as many things: a nasty habit, a mark of the devil, rebellion and criminality
7) Mothers who are over 40 at the time of a child’s birth are 128% more likely to have a left-handed baby than a woman in her 20s. 8) One in four Apollo astronauts were left-handed.
9) About 30 million people in the United States are left-handed.
10) Research suggests that left-handers are slightly more prone to allergies and asthma than right-handers. 11) Left-handedness can run in the family. Lefties in the British Royal Family include the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, and Prince William.
12) Left-handers are more likely to suffer from insomnia.
13) They are three times more likely to become alcoholics.
14) A study conducted by The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease found that left-handers process emotions differently. Therefore tend to get slightly more angry faster than right-handed people.
15) There is a day to celebrate being left-handed. It’s August 13th and known as International Left-Handers Day.