Sometimes it’s tough to take a moment to express how thankful you are for life’s blessings. If you’re feeling down or just need a little pick-me-up, here are some inspiring quotes about being thankful to remind you of your blessings—not just on Thanksgiving, but all through the year.
1. “Whatever happens in your life, no matter how troubling things might seem, do not enter the neighborhood of despair. Even when all doors remain closed, God will open up a new path only for you. Be thankful!
2. “I’m blessed and I thank God for every day for everything that happens for me.
3. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
4. “When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect for others.
5. “Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life.
Robert Louis Stevenson
6. “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.
7. “Thankfulness creates gratitude which generates contentment that causes peace.
8. “I may not be where I want to be but I’m thankful for not being where I used to be.
9. “Be thankful for what you have today. Work hard for what you have tomorrow.
10. “Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.
11. “Every time we remember to say “thank you”, we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.
Sarah Ban Breathnach
12. “Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job.
13. “When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.
14. “We must learn to appreciate life. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
15. “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
16. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
William Arthur Ward
17. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy
18. “I’m thankful for a pair of shoes that feel really good on my feet; I like my shoes. I’m thankful for the birds; I feel like they’re singing just for me when I get up in the morning… Saying, ‘Good morning, John. You made it, John.’ I’m thankful for the sea breeze that feels so good right now, and the scent of jasmine when the sun starts going down. I’m thankful…
19. “Make it a habit to tell people to thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. I truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.
20. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
21. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
22. “Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality.
23. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.
24. “When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.
25. “It is necessary, then, to cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.
Wallace D. Wattles
26. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
William Arthur Ward
27. “Just a “thank you” is a mighty powerful prayer. Says it all.
28. “A noble person is mindful and thankful for the favors he receives from others.
29. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.
Henri Frederic Amiel
Please Share On Facebook/Pinterest I am thankful for everything. Clicky News Wake Up Your Mind.