1. Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children – Alex Haley.
2. Truth be told, being a grandma is as close as we ever get to perfection. The ultimate warm sticky bun with plump raisins and nuts. Clouds nine, ten, and eleven – Bryna Nelson Paston.
3. What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. Rudolph Giuliani
4. Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother. Edward H. Dreschnack
5. The old are the precious gem in the center of the household. Chinese Proverb
6. If nothing is going well, call your grandmother. Italian Proverb
7. I’m proud of many things in life, but nothing beats being a grandparent.
8. Children brought up by their grandparents are generally spoiled. Sanish Proverb
9. Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all. Fanny Fern
10. Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. Marcy Demaree.
11. If God had intended us to follow recipes, He wouldn’t have given us grandmothers. Linda Henley
12. Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from our responsibilities so that we can be friends. Allan Frome
13. When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window. Ogden Nash
14. To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent that is to triumph over old age. Thomas Bailey Aldrich
15. Beautiful young people are accidents of nature / But beautiful old people are works of art. Marjory Barslow-Greenbie
16. If your baby is ‘beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time,’ you’re the grandma. Teresa Bloomingdale
17. Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent. Donald A. Norber
18. What is it about grandparents that is so lovely’ I’d like to say that grandparents are God’s gifts to children. And if they can but see, hear and feel what these people have to give, they can mature at a fast rate. Bill Cosby
19. Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories, and love. unknown
20. As you are now so once were we. James Joyce
21. Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet. unknown
22. Some of the world’s best educators are grandparents. Dr. Charlie W. Shedd
23. There is nothing more wonderful than the love and guidance a grandparent can give his or her grandchild. Edward Fays
24. The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent. Sam Levenson
25. In order to influence a child, one must be careful not to be that child’s parent or grandparent. Don Marquis
26. Why do grandparents and grandchildren get along so well? They have the same enemy – the mother. Claudette Colbert
27. If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it. Hannah Whithall Smith
28. We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me. Phyllis Theroux
29. The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children’s children. It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone. It is in us that their history becomes a future. Charles And Ann Morse
30. Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins. Joyce Allston
31. Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories, and love. unknown
32. As you are now so once were we. James Joyce
33. Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet. unknow