“Grief never ends…but it changes. It’s a passage. Not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness. Nor a lack of faith…It is the price of love.”
1. “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.
2. “Grief is in two parts. The first is the loss. The second is the remaking of life.
3. “Grief is the price we pay for love.
Queen Elizabeth II
4. “There is no grief like the grief that does not speak.
5. “There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief.
6. “Mourning is not forgetting… It is an undoing. Every minute tie has to be untied and something permanent and valuable recovered and assimilated from the dust. The end is gain, of course. Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be made strong, in fact. But the process is like all other human births, painful and long and dangerous.
7. “Deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time. When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.
8. “Grieving, like being blind, is a strange business; you have to learn how to do it. We seek company in mourning, but after the early bursts of tears, after the praises have been spoken, and the good days remembered, and the lament cried, and the grave closed, there is no company in grief. It is a burden borne alone.
Ursula K. Le Guin
9. “Grief is not as heavy as guilt, but it takes more away from you.
10. “That was the hard thing about grief and the grieving. They spoke another language, and the words we knew always fell short of what we wanted them to say.
11. “In times of grief and sorrow, I will hold you and rock you and take your grief and make it my own. When you cry I cry and when you hurt I hurt. And together we will try to hold back the floods to tears and despair and make it through the potholed street of life
12. “All things grow with time — except grief.
13. “Grief is not a disorder, a disease, or a sign of weakness. It is an emotional, physical, and spiritual necessity, the price you pay for love. The only cure for grief is to grieve.
14. “Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.
15. “They say time heals all wounds, but that presumes the source of the grief is finite.
16. “Grief is light that is capable of counsel.
17. “One often calms one’s grief by recounting it.
18. “Tears are the silent language of grief.
19. “Grief makes one hour ten.
20. “We all want to do something to mitigate the pain of loss or to turn grief into something positive, to find a silver lining in the clouds. But I believe there is real value in just standing there, being still, being sad.
Please Share On Facebook/Pinterest It’s not something you “get over” Clicky News Wake Up Your Mind.