Life Stories

Mom Warns Parents After Seeing Son’s Eye ‘Protruding From His Face’ After Playing With Bath Toys

You Might Like This

Eden Strong, a mom from Plainfield, Illinois, was giving her 2-year-son Baylor a bath. Lined up on the edge of the tub was his favorite group of colorful bathtub toys.

Eden noticed her son’s eye was a little red after he squirted water from out of one of his toys and got it in his eye.

Over the course of the next 12 hours, Baylor’s eye became completely infected. She documented just how quickly the irritation turned into something much more serious.

“His eye was protruding from his face,” Eden told CBS Chicago. “It was very obscured. He was running a raging fever.”

She rushed her son to the hospital where he was given IV antibiotics, and underwent a CAT scan.

Doctors realized Baylor had come down with a bad case of cellulitis, a common yet potentially serious bacterial skin infection. Doctors said if the infection moved to his retina, he could be permanently blinded.

Eden started to pray that Baylor’s beautiful blue eyes would not have to be removed.

Thankfully, the little boy is now okay and home recovering.

The reason for Baylor’s health scare? It was all because of one of those cute, squeezable squirting bath toys he loves to play with.

Eden is now sharing her urgent warning about these bath toys. After posting her series of photos of Baylor’s eye on Facebook, she said she was surprised when she started receiving an influx of messages from parents who’ve gone through the exact same thing…

Please Share On Facebook/Pinterest Mom Warns Parents After Seeing Son’s Eye ‘Protruding From His Face’ After Playing With Bath Toys Clicky News LittleThings.