Losing a loved one is a heartbreak difficult to heal. Never again seeing one’s loved ones and never hearing one’s voice makes the process of mourning all the more devastating.
We all know that our inevitable finale is to leave this world, and hopefully, we made an impact in this world and will leave it a better place. There is goodbye in every hello, just as there is an end in every beginning.
Yet, despite d-e.a.t.h being a part of the cycle of life, still, it never fails to tear a hole in our hearts-whenever we lose someone we love. It’s just one of the hardest things humans have to go through — to grieve a departed loved one.
25 Quotes About Losing a Loved One
1. ”I learned that, with grief, you have to take it one day at a time and learn how to find the happiness amid the heartbreak.” – Adrienne C. Moore
2. ”Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.” – Marcel Proust
3. “Grief lasts longer than sympathy, which is one of the tragedies of the grieving.”― Elizabeth McCracken
4. ”It takes strength to make your way through grief, to grab hold of life and let it pull you forward.” – Patti Davis
5. “Grief, she reminded herself, is almost always for the mourner’s loss.”
― Orson Scott Card
6. ”Excess of grief for the dead is madness; for it is an injury to the living, and the dead know it not.” – Xenophon
7. “I am in the unthinkable situation that people cannot bear to contemplate.” ― Sonali Deraniyagala
8. “Grief teaches the steadiest minds to waver.”― Sophocles
9. ”Against eternal injustice, man must assert justice, and to protest against the universe of grief, he must create happiness.” – Albert Camus
10. ”Grief is never something you get over. You don’t wake up one morning and say, ‘I’ve conquered that; now I’m moving on.’ It’s something that walks beside you every day. And if you can learn how to manage it and honor the person that you miss, you can take something that is incredibly sad and have some form of positivity.” – Terri Irwin
11. “For as long as the world spins and the earth is green with new wood, she will lie in this box and not in my arms.”― Lurlene McDaniel
12. ”Grief is in two parts. The first is a loss. The second is the remaking of life.” – Anne Roiphe
13. “When I saw your strand of hair I knew that grief is love turned into an eternal missing.”― Rosamund Lupton
14. “Grief, no matter how you try to cater to its wail, has a way of fading away.”― V.C. Andrews
15. “What they never tell you about grief is that missing someone is the simple part.”― Gail Caldwell
16. ”During my days of deepest grief, in all of my shock, sorrow, and struggle, I sat at the feet of God. I literally spent hours each day reading God’s word, meditating on scripture and praying. I intentionally spent a significant amount of time being still before God.” – Rick Warren
17. ”Grief starts to become indulgent, and it doesn’t serve anyone, and it’s painful. But if you transform it into remembrance, then you’re magnifying the person you lost and also giving something of that person to other people, so they can experience something of that person.” – Patti Smith
18. ”Loss can remind us that life itself is a gift.” – Louise Hay and David Kessler
19. “When you lose your parents, the sadness doesn’t go away. It just changes. It hits you sideways sometimes instead of head-on. Like now.”― Jude Watson
20. “Simply touching a difficult memory with some slight willingness to heal begins to soften the holding and tension around it.”― Stephen Levine
21. “Ten years, she’s dead, and I still find myself some mornings reaching for the phone to call her. She could no more be gone than gravity or the moon.”― Mary Karr
22. “Grief wraps around people takes them to a place they would not go otherwise.”― Patti Callahan Henry
23. “Tears have always been easier to shed than explain.”― Marty Rubin
24. “Loss is only temporary when you believe in God!”― Latoya Alston
25. “The closest bonds we will ever know are bonds of grief. The deepest community one of sorrow.”― Cormac McCarthy
Please Share On Facebook/Pinterest In loving memory of someone in Heaven Clicky News Wake Up Your Mind.