Sometimes it’s better to just remain silent and smile.
READ MORE : Silence Quotes
1) “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
and rightdoing there is a field.
I’ll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.” ― Rumi
2) “We sit silently and watch the world around us. This has taken a lifetime to learn. It seems only the old are able to sit next to one another and not say anything and still feel content. The young, brash and impatient, must always break the silence. It is a waste, for silence is pure. Silence is holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking. This is the great paradox.” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
3) “Your silence will not protect you.” ― Audre Lorde, Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches
4) “I decided it is better to scream. Silence is the real crime against humanity.” ― Nadezhda Mandelstam, Hope Against Hope
5) “Never miss a good chance to shut up.” ― Will Rogers
6) “I’ve begun to realize that you can listen to silence and learn from it. It has a quality and a dimension all its own.” ― Chaim Potok, The Chosen
7) “Silence is so freaking loud” ― Sarah Dessen, Just Listen
8) “I don’t think…” then you shouldn’t talk, said the Hatter.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
9) “I don’t want to be married just to be married. I can’t think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can’t talk to, or worse, someone I can’t be silent with.” ― Mary Ann Shaffer, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
10) “We went down into the silent garden. Dawn is the time when nothing breathes, the hour of silence. Everything is transfixed, only the light moves.” ― Leonora Carrington