If you don’t leave your past in the past, it will destroy your future. Live for what today has to offer, not what yesterday has taken away.
1. “Rather than wasting time on yesterday that is gone, it is better to invest your time in tomorrow that is not yet born.
2. “If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.
3. “Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.
Lewis B. Smedes
4. “Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track of are our failures, discouragements, and doubts. We tend to forget the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful groping.
5. “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.
6. “Letting go and forgetting the past is easier said than done, but never use the past as an excuse to not care about your future.
7. “Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go.
8. “You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday’s junk.
9. “People have an annoying habit of remembering things they shouldn’t.
10. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
11. “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t ‘should’ve’ done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!
12. “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.
Thomas S. Monson
13. “Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.
14. “Forgive, forget. Bear with the faults of others as you would have them bear with yours.
15. “By forgetting the past and by throwing myself into other interests, I forget to worry.
16. “The beauty of the past is that it is the past. The beauty of the now is to know it. The beauty of the future is to see where one is going.
17. “Sometimes you have to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what’s coming next.
18. “I don’t live in the past at all; I’m always wanting to do something new. I make a point of constantly trying to forget and get things out of my mind.
19. “I think the secret to a happy life is selective memory. Remember what you are most grateful for and quickly forget what you not.
Richard Paul Evans
20. “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.
C. JoyBell C.
21. “The sadness in your heart is a yesterday you can no longer see, so put it behind you and walk always forward.
22. “I don’t believe in forgetting the past, Because it’s always going to be a part of my life. But I can learn from it, accept it and move on!
23. “Moving on isn’t forgetting the past, it’s learning from it.
24. “Never forget the past, and hold no regrets for the mistakes you’ve made. forgetting the past can cause you to make the same mistakes again.
25. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.
26. “Forgetting is something time alone takes care of, but forgiveness is an act of volition, and only the sufferer is qualified to make the decision
27. “You’re just another story I can’t tell anymore.
pleasefindthis, I Wrote This For You
28. “There is no past that we can bring back by longing for it. There is only an eternally new now that builds and creates itself out of the Best as the past withdraws.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
29. “Man… cannot learn to forget, but hangs on the past: however far or fast he runs, that chain runs with him.
30. “It is sadder to find the past again and find it inadequate to the present than it is to have it elude you and remain forever a harmonious conception of memory.