1. “Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners.
2. “If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.
3. “Respect commands itself and it can neither be given nor withheld when it is due.
4. “Treat people the way you want to be treated. Talk to people the way you want to be talked to. Respect is earned, not given.
5. “Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?
6. “If we can respect the divine within us, if we can treat it with dignity, then we can respect others around us.
7. “The only true disability is the inability to accept and respect differences.
Comic Strip Mama
8. “He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
9. “Respect is an invention of people who want to cover up the empty place where love should be.
10. “Give to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.
11. “This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him.
William Lyon Phelps
12. “Tolerance implies a respect for another person, not because he is wrong or even because he is right, but because he is human.
13. “If I despised myself, it would be no compensation if everyone saluted me, and if I respect myself, it does not trouble me if others hold me lightly.
14. “You can demand courtesy but you have to earn respect.
15. “I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity.
16. “Respect begins with this attitude: I acknowledge that you are a creature of extreme worth.
17. “It is not grey hair that makes one respectable but character.
Rana Junaid Mustafa Gohar
18. “That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong.
William J. H. Boetcker
19. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.
20. “Respect at the cost of others is disrespect in effect.
Muhammad Tariq Majeed
21. “When we love and respect people, revealing to them their value, they can begin to come out from behind the walls that protect them.
22. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.
23. “Men are respectable only as they respect.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.
Bryant H. McGill
25. “Respect is a two-way street, if you want to get it, you’ve got to give it.
26. “Respect yourself and others will respect you.
27. “I must respect the opinions of others even if I disagree with them.
Herbert H. Lehman
28. “People crave more respect than love because they expect to love only from a few people but they want respect from everyone.
29. “To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
30. “Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear.