1. “There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between the mother and a son.” – Anonymous
2. “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” – Irish Proverb
3. “Mothers are inscrutable beings to their sons, always.” – A.E. Coppard
4. “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.” – Sophocles
5. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” ― Abraham Lincoln
6. “You may have tangible wealth untold; Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be. I had a mother who read to me.” ― Strickland Gillilan
7. “Mother is her son’s first god. She must teach him the most important lesson of all – how to love.” – T. F. Hodge
8. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” ― Victor Hugo
9. Mothers are inscrutable beings to their sons, always.
10. It takes one woman twenty years to make a man of her son – and another woman twenty minutes to make a fool of him.
11. That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in.
12. But a mother-son relationship is not a coequal one, is it? He is lonely with only you just as you are lonely with only him.
13. Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am. Undoubtedly, there are other routes to learning the wishes and dreams of the presumably opposite sex, but I know of none more direct, or more highly motivating, than being the mother of sons.
14. My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.
15. …to many a mother’s heart has come the disappointment of a loss of power, a limitation of influence when early manhood takes the boy from the home, or when even before that time, in school, or where he touches the great world and begins to be bewildered with its controversies, trade and economics and politics make their imprint even while his lips are dewy with his mother’s kiss.